John Paul, DMD and editor of Today’s FDA wrote a cute list of the top five reasons why patients hate dentists alongside his list of top five reasons why dentist hate their patients. Here’s a brief summary:
TOP 5 REASONS TO HATE YOUR DENTIST
1. The dentist is always late. Don’t they know my time is valuable?
2. The dentist always jabs me with that needle, I hate that part.
3. I’m always anxious to see the dentist.
4. The dentist’s breath always smells like what they had for lunch.
5. It costs so much to see the dentist. Don’t they know I have other bills to pay?
TOP FIVE REASONS TO HATE YOUR PATIENT
1. The patient always shows up late. Don’t they know that makes me late for every other patient after them?
2. The patient always tells me how much they hate the needle.
3. I’m always anxious when I have to see some patients.
4. The patient’s breath always smells like what they had for breakfast.
5. It costs so much to provide dentistry. Don’t patients realize we pay a fee so they can use a credit card, we lose money on waiting for insurance to finally pay and it costs to send them bills for the balance?
See the similarities?!?
excerpt from Today’s FDA Reception Room Issue 2013 page 31